CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thing #21-- Podcasts

Podcasts are new to me. I have never really used one before. I used Podcastalley.com and found the CNN podcast and listened to some of that (it was about the elections today). I then posted that RSS feed to my Bloglines account.

I think podcasts come in handy if you missed something important on radio or television, or if you are somewhere without a television but you have a computer. I also believe you can also put them on your iPod or MP3 player, which I have not tried yet.

I looked up library podcasts on PodcastDirectory.com and saw that lots of libraries have podcasts of book reviews for their YA and adult book sections.

I think this is a great way of utilizing this tool. People could tune into a podcast about different genres of books that might interest them, and see how others reviewed them. The library could use podcasts to also tell patrons of programming or broadcast a storytime, even.

I think it would be cool to have a podcast of big library events like Mayhem in the Midlands. The library could podcast short segments of interviews with authors or Q&A sessions from the event.

0 comments: