CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Thing 19 Web 2.0 Awards

According to the Web 2.0 Awards site, del.icio.us was voted the #1 bookmarking site. I can totally understand why.

It was hands down my favorite bookmarking resource that we used during our lessons. I have been using it almost every day now, especially for down times when I am simply bored and want to find something interesting to look at online.

It has been an excellent source for new sites, and I have found it to be equally excellent for being able to go back to something I found that was interesting from any computer I'm using. I love how easy it is (just click on a bookmark and hit "save") to use, and I enjoy being able to share my sites with others as well.

The design is simple (which I like when reading through things) and I really like that.

I would like to try out the #2 pick, StumbleUpon because I have heard friends talking about it. I have not had time to use it as of yet. I believe you have to install it on your computer, and I am not sure I want to do that at this time. But that concept, that you can have sites recommended to you based on sites that you already visit is intriguing to me. I don't like the idea that all of your moves are (probably, I am guessing) being monitored or taken down (by The Man, lol), but I use Lastfm which works in a simular way, only except for music, and I actually like that. I try not to think about who might be monitoring my useage, lol.

So yeah, the bookmarking site del.icio.us is pretty darn useful, easy to use, and the best thing I have gotten out of this class. I was not turned on to social bookmarking completely, but this site is definately worth a look, if anything, so that you can add your favorites and take them anywhere you use the computer.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stumble Upon is great for those with a lot of time on their hands. You can get lost just browsing through sites it comes up with
...like a manual on how to mend a book, it gave me that when I was goofing off one day during class.