CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thing #13: Del.ici.ous

At first I wasn't too sure about del.ici.ous...but now I am!

I spent a lot of time messing around with it. I created an account, and started surfing and tagging things. I found it really useful to be able to pull up my favorites on any computer I'm at...this is an excellent plus to using this site.

I know that this site will come in handy to librarians and teachers because all of your information is in one place. I was exploring the Omaha World Herald website and discovered that they too, have a del.ici.ous account! I searched it and found all sorts of useful resources for journalists, as well as the every day seeker of information. Their tags were full of interesting sites and links...I was thrilled to have found them on del.ic.ious!

I found a people search called pipl that was quite interesting (and fairly accurate), as well as free, while I was searching tags today.

I even found O! What a Geek, and my own blog, lol.

I don't think del.ic.ious will totally replace bookmarks, just because not all people are going to want to use another program or go through a second party to use their favorites. Some people aren't into sharing that information, and will most likely stick to using their favorites on the computer.

I think I will be using this site though, and I enjoyed exploring on it!

0 comments: