CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

#12 Roll your own search engine

Rollyo is pretty interesting. I think it is handy to create your own search engine using sites that you use. My sites were sort of all over the place, so I chose to create a roll with various sites that I frequent each day:

http://www.rollyo.com/melflint5108/

I don't have a whole lot of sites that I tend to use daily...but I will continue to try and think of some to add.

This might come in handy when helping students find information for school or patrons find information about something they are researching. For instance, a patron or student might be looking for a certain topic, and you could have a Rollyo that is just news sites and you could search those to find them some information and sources.

0 comments: