CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

#7 Blog About Technology

This may sound silly, but I think the Internet is an amazing feat of technology.

I remember when I was in 3rd grade, they were telling us about these computers that would hook up through the telephone and allow you to talk to your friends while you were at home. We thought it sounded so cool...and so foreign. And now, it's an every day thing!

I can't believe how much the Internet has done for me personally. It has allowed me to research topics for when I was in college, for my wedding, and anything I need to know about on a daily basis I can look up online...recipes, car repair, calendar, concert dates, news, information about my bank accounts...the applications are endless.

I went ages without it, not even having a computer of my own 'til about 8 years ago, but now I can't imagine what it would be like to NOT have it.

I'd lose track of friends and family that have moved away and I would have never made some of he friends I now have without the Internet. Email has allowed me to carry out a dialogue that I didn't have before. I truly enjoy written communication sometimes (instead of using that evil telephone all the time).

Our work at the library has been improved by the use of the Internet. Information is available to us at the click of a button, and we can use both the Internet and books as sources of information TOGETHER when doing research.

Thank goodness for the Internet, I say! Who knew that the mythical computers for communication from my childhood would become such an important tool in my daily life.

0 comments: