CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

#9 Finding Feeds

This part of the lesson was pretty easy.

Most every site you go to these days has the RSS feed symbol, so it was pretty easy to find sites I frequent and add them to Bloglines.

Always the journalism major at heart, I added Omaha.com and KETV to my Bloglines. I also have added USA Today and BBC News. I am generally reading news when I am online. There area few blogs I read as well.

I think the easiest way of adding the feeds to Bloglines was to just find sites that were interesting and copy, cut, and paste their URL's into the Bloglines "add a feed" search (or type the URL if I knew it).

I really like Topix.net. I thought searching was easy and the site has a neat and simple in design. I especially liked the fact that they were news stories. I can see myself looking at Topix.net in my free time.

Technorati is very nice as well (Syndic8.com timed out when I tried to load it so I will try it another time). I found it easy to use and I liked how it broke down searches according to your interests (entertainment, sports, news, etc.), which is always helpful.

Again, I really can't see myself using RSS when I am using the Internet for personal reasons, except for Topix.net since I am really into the news. I can see myself setting up a Bloglines for work reasons though.

I didn't really find any of this confusing in any way. The only frustration was not being able to load Syndic8.com 'cause I wanted to see what that was all about.

0 comments: